May 17 2012
Welcome to student teachers come to meet Digital Leaders.
This meeting was all about joining up DLs with their chosen subjects.
Thank you for choosing and agreeing the following:
Ar (Art) – Daisy / Jordan
Bs (Business Studies) – Isaac / Matthew
Dr (Drama) – Daisy / Jordan
Dt (Product Design) – Jem / Jack / Luke
En (English) – Jess / Toria
Ft (Food Technology) – Lauren / Hannah
Go (Geography) – Rosie / Shona
Hs (Health and Social Care BTEC) – Jess / Shona
Hi (History) – Beth / Lauren / Chloe
Ma (Mathematics) – Beth / Lauren / Chloe
MFL (Modern Foreign Langs) – Alistair / Isaac / Jem Kutevu / Emily
Mu (Music) – Will / Ollie
Pe (Physical Education) – Alistair / Chloe / Emily
RE (and Citizenship) – Various
Sc (Science) – Will / Ollie / Matthew / Jack / Luke
Use these ideas for Digital Apps:
Software – Prezi / Paint.net / …
Email / Homeworks on Fronter / Resources on Fronter / Fronter page to explain how to do things in the subject / Fronter page to explain how to do ICT things
Fronter discussion forums / Edmodo / Autology / Youtube Videos on Fronter / Twitter
+?? Your ideas
Tasks for this week – VERY IMPORTANT
– All DLs to check email every Friday lunchtime or Friday after school.
MOST IMPORTANT – think of some ideas for your subject apps / be ready on both Wednesday lunchtimes – I will post appointments on the Y9 bulletin board.
– Presenting team (9 of you) to meet me Monday Tutor to show progress, ready for Weds Assembly.
– All DLs please use emailed code to join National Sec Dig Leaders group on Edmodo – use National Group from now on – check out Edmodo every day in the next week – more news going on all the time…
– Jess and Lauren to do draft AWOWs (Agreed Ways of Working) for using National Sec Dig Leaders group – pls include all students and teachers show which school they are at / teachers to show to their students when they join.
– Rosie/Toria – post Will (done), Matthew’s edmodo entries as two separate posts on blog – asap – and post on edmodo that they’re up. Please add all current digital leaders to blog as users.
– New Planner Designers to meet next Weds (16th May) in IT2 to work with Mr Davis.
Current Status of DL Projects:
New Planner Designers
Flash – Isaac and Jem / Digital Leaders – Training for all Year 9s- ongoing
Ideas for your subject apps and meetings with Link Teachers next two Wednesdays – very important
Assembly to Year 8s Weds 23rd May
AWOWs (Agreed Ways of Working) Edmodo
Planning for Students teach the teachers teachmeet – 5min talk
2 min screencast for Teeside CAS meeting June 27th
Evaluation of Evernote – TBC
Evaluation of Edmodo – social networking site – now the competition. Done 11th May
Presentation to SLT – Weds 25th March – done
Paint.net – led by Daisy – done 19-22nd March – continue using.
Diary competition – presentations 1st March – Mrs Methley /
Blogging – developing the new LLS DLs blog – Rosie and Toria – Ongoing
Autology – Matthew – All DLs – continue using.
Electronic Diaries – Mr S – done – see competition – all DLs to keep updated from now on
Prezi Training – 6th-15th December – continue using.
Setting up DLs with forums on purpose and ways of working together