Jun 28 2012
Thoughts on the event:
- Firstly, very professional set up. Proper sound system; Twitter wall showing tweets; live feed and recording. Well done Mikey and other Fulford DLs.
- Great to see Bedale students and Lady Lumley Students filling one side of the hall.
- Enjoyed the whole atmosphere of an event organised by students, run by students and talks given by students. Still think this is a kernel of an idea that needs more fulfillment though. I look forward to many more groups of students talking to other groups of students.
- I enjoyed seeing / hearing about how the Fulford DLs and Mr Jackson had worked through their version of Digital Leadership. It was fun asking Mikey what he thought about it during that evening’s #dlchat on twitter.
- I hope that what we have started at Lady Lumley’s gets more thought. Our Y9 DLs did a fantastic job of showing what they/we are doing. The details are in the previous blogpost, but I’m pleased we split up the general activities we have done and highlighted the two most impactful DL activities – The DLs teaching each other and the ICT classes; and the working with link teachers.
- Prezi 1 “Developing Digital Leaders at Lady Lumley’s School”
Prezi 2 “Teaching and encouraging the use of ICT at Lady Lumley’s School”
- I’m pleased that the inclusiveness of LLS DLs comes through – we have lots of students as DLs and they are a mix of abilities and more girls than boys. We need to ask the DLs why they think this is…
- Mr Lech was impressed when Bob asked Will how much time they spent on DL activites at school – Will smoothly explained how we met regularly every Thursday tutor, and held regular training on Wednesday lunchtimes. I was thinking how much extra time they have devoted recently with the talks and visits going on – I love how motivation and teamwork can achieve
- I loved it when the Y9s invited the Y8s to stand up – I’d forgotten that we’d talked about this. But it highlighted the legacy of DLs needs to be a follow through from one year to the next.
- Here are nearly 50 photos of the event – http://www.gr8computing.com/ictphotos/tttmeetJune2012/index.html