Networking more than one PC to share an Internet Connection
Use – Using Kerio Firewall 2 to protect your Internet machine AND allow another access via Internet Connection Sharing.
Cost – Free (plus a network cable).
- Make sure both computers have a network interface card (NIC), and the chosen gateway machine has a separate connection to the Internet eg. ADSL modem.
- Make sure the host machine runs XP, the client(s) can be anything from Win98SE or later.
- Get a crossover network cable to join the two together.
- 4. Follow the instructions at Start / My Network Places / Set up a home or small office network / Next / Checklist for creating a network.
- Find article Q306126 on http://support.microsoft.com/
- Download Kerio Personal Firewall 2 here and then this configuration file. Install KPF2, then click File / admin / Misc open up the admin panel -> miscellaneous -> Load and select this file. Thanks to MB for this!
- Check you are fully secure by going to shields up.
Other useful links